You are quite happy to write your own web text, sales brochure, or whatever. That’s great! After all, who knows your business better than you?
Believe it or not, knowing your business inside-out can actually be a hindrance to writing your own copy, or text! It’s so easy to overlook the obvious, or the not-so-obvious. An editor can put themselves in the shoes of your reader to:
- Ensure that you have included all the necessary information (how many times have I seen brochures that have forgotten to add vital information such as contact details?!)
- Make certain that the text is clear and concise
- Ascertain that the language and tone is appropriate to your reader
- Confirm that the document type and style meet your objectives
- Ensure consistency and double-check that information is correct
- Make suggestions that you perhaps haven’t thought about
- Correct any spelling, grammatical and typographical errors
Please feel free to contact me to discuss your requirements.
Copywriting | Editing | Proofreading